A vital space station has been taken over by wicked Xybot warriors. It
is up to you to work alone or with a friend to destroy the Xybots and
reclaim the space station. If you fail, the federation must abandon
its plans to colonize space. If this happens, all civilization will
die. Only you can save the human race. But can you save yourself?
1. Insert the Xybots game card. For a two-player game, use the Comlynx
cable and insert a card in each Lynx. Turn on your Lynxes.
2. Press A or B to start the game.
PLAYING THE GAME
When the game begins, the Federation Warrior (and his partner, in a
two-player game) stands in one of the maze-like hallways of the space
station. His energy pack is full and his adrenaline is pumping. He is ready
to conquer the space station. But can he do it?
Use the joypad to move the Warrior through the space station in his search
for Xybots. As you move, the Warrior's auto-mapper keeps track of the
labyrinth. Press Option 2 to view the map. To turn a corner,
hold down the B button and press the joypad in the direction
you wish to turn.
When a Xybot appears, shoot it with the A button. If things look
really bad, send a Zap ray with Option 1. Zap rays are powerful,
but they use valuable energy. Without energy, your space suit will fail.
The Energy light on your backpack flashes yellow when you run low. Then
it flashes red, your demise is imminent.
There are many kinds of Xybots. Some are weak and can be destroyed easily.
Others are more powerful. Learn to recognize each type. This will help you
As you search for Xybots, keep an eye open for coins. These will help you
buy powerful items from the vending machines.
Also watch for the following:
To complete a level, find all exits. For bonus points, destroy
all Xybots on the level. When you exit, you will go to the vending
machine room before going on to the next level.
- Keys: Keys help you get through locked passages. Locked passages often
lead to Warp Exits. To enter a locked passage, line up with the lock and
run through the wall.
- Energy Orbs (two kinds): Energy orbs replenish your energy. You must have
sufficient energy to survive. Energy is depleted by time, zapping, and
- Tanks: Front-armor tanks and side-armor tanks may be encountered. Front-
armor tanks may only be hit when open from the front.
- Warp Transporter: Warps the Warrior to a different place on the
level he is on.
- Exit: Allows the Warrior to leave the current level, visit a vending
machine, and go to the next level. Some Exits are Warp Exits. These
take the Warrior to a more advanced level and provide extra coins.
Use the coins you find to purchase items from the vending machines.
To use a vending machine, press the joypad up or down to scroll through
the list of items. Available items are white. Unavailable items are
gray. An item is not available if you do not have enough money to buy
it. Press A when the desired item is highlighted. The box to the
left of the item shows whether or not you have that item, and how many
you have. You may purchase more than one of some items.
The following items are available:
Select DONE to leave the vending machine. You can go directly to DONE by
- Key: Enter locked passages.
- Monster Mapper: Shows monsters on map.
- Guard Mapper: Shows guards on map.
- Wall Mapper: Automatically map passages as you go.
- Second Shot: Fire two shots at once.
- Send Buddy a Coin: Give a coin to your partner.
- Slow % Energy Loss: Lose energy more slowly.
- Repel 5 Shots: Take five hits without damage.
- 125% Energy Limit: Start at 125% energy.
- Move faster: Increase your speed.
- More Zap Power: Increase the Zap damage.
- More Shot Power: Increase shot damage.
- 50% Energy: Increase your energy by 50% (if you are down to 20% or less).
TWO PLAYER FEATURES
In a two-player game, the following special rules apply.
The first Warrior to leave a level receives 5000 points.
If you die, a status screen appears while you wait for the other player to
finish the level or die. If he dies, you die too.
If a Warrior is neutralized when his partner leaves the level, he receives
50% energy, but he loses all the items he has collected.
The first player to exit determines if the players will warp. If the
first player uses a Warp Exit, the second player will also warp,
regardless of the exit he uses.
Watch your back when you turn a corner.
Learn to recognize the various Xybots.
In a two-player game, cooperation is essential.
Keep an eye on your energy level. Do not pick up an energy orb if your
energy is high. Remember where it is and return when necessary.
Bonus points are awarded as follows:
- Warp Exit: 5000 points, 15 coins
- Exit first (two-player): 5000 points
- Destroying all monsters: 5000 points (both players in a two-player game)
- 25,000 points: Three coins are awarded for each 25,000 points
- Master Xybot: 5000 points plus 15 coins for destroying a Master Xybot
- Final Master Xybot: 1,000,000 points for each player for destroying the
final Master Xybot.